Wildwood Beach Resort has been a destination for families seeking peace and solitude since 1939. By the nature of our business, guests have been social distancing from the beginning. The COVID-19 pandemic has made this not just a treat but a necessity. We feel confident that we can continue to offer a refreshing and relaxing vacation while providing a safe refuge for our guests.
Your health and safety, along with that of our family and community, are especially important to us. As a business licensed by the MN Dept of Health, we have always been required to follow best practices and procedures regarding communicable diseases, but COVID-19 has presented a new set of challenges. The MN Dept of Health has established additional COVID-19 cleaning guidelines for hotels and resorts that we will implement, along with social distancing protocols.
Our social distancing protocols and cleaning guidelines are below:
(These are subject to change as more information becomes available to us.)
Common areas (lodge, playground, beach, fish cleaning house, docks, etc.) will remain available for use, but with social distancing guidelines in place.
- In all common area locations, please remain 6’ apart from those not in your cabin/campsite.
- The lodge and fish cleaning house will be limited to use by one cabin/campsite at a time.
- The “lounge” area of the lodge will be closed, but the laundry facilities, front desk, and retail area will remain open.
- We will have enhanced cleaning protocols in place for common areas and will have hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes available throughout the resort for your use.
(Note – this is not an exhaustive list but should give you a general idea of how we clean each cabin.)
- New cleaning rags, steam cleaner mop heads, sponges, etc. are used for each individual cabin. These items are cleaned and disinfected after use.
- To prevent germs from becoming airborne, our cleaning crew uses damp cloths instead of dusters, and vacuums instead of sweeping.
- Bed linens (sheets and blankets) are laundered and disinfected with a bleach solution after each guest. Pillows and mattresses are sprayed with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Hard surfaces are cleaned with soap and water, paying special attention to frequently touched areas like tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, fridge handles, faucets, etc. These high touch surfaces are then disinfected with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Bathroom rugs are replaced with clean, sanitized rugs after each guest.
- Soft surfaces like couches and curtains are disinfected with an EPA-registered disinfectant.
- Floors are steam cleaned.
As a courtesy to the many older and medically vulnerable people in our community, once at the resort please limit your travel to town for things like groceries, gas, bait, etc. If possible, bring all of those with you.
And, of course, if you have been ill or exposed to COVID-19 please stay home.